Beau Beach, CCIM presents:
This 24,418 SF retail building sits on 4.15 acres and is located in the heart of Sheboygan’s most important commercial corridor…South Business Drive.
Buyers will likely choose between two potential uses for this property: Clearing the 4.15 acre parcel for new development or Updating and then occupying the existing retail building.
Option #1: Clearing the 4.15 acre parcel for new development
The property has an ideal location for redevelopment on South Business Drive, which is the thriving business corridor of Sheboygan. The property has a daily traffic count of 16,600+ vehicles per day. The location is just 1.5 miles from Interstate 43, which has a tremendous daily traffic count of 36,900+. There is 224 feet of frontage on South Business Drive. Ample parking with 172 spaces plus room to expand.
The property is zoned Urban Commercial which allows for a wide range of office, retail, and lodging land uses.
Neighboring business include: Aspen Dental, Taco Bell, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Southtown Mall, Walgreen’s, Culver’s. Piggly Wiggly, Dunkin’, Autozone and Advance Auto Parts.
Option #2: Updating and then occupying the existing retail building
The building was custom built in 1977 to be a bowling alley. It is a split level, 24,418 SF metal building built on concrete slab. It was previously leased to Maple Lanes Funplex, a 24 lane bowling center with a full bar and kitchen, which operated successfully for over 30 years at near maximum capacity (500 people) until the passing of the business owner.
The structure, roof, and parking lot are in good working order. The roof is approx. 10 years old, the parking lot approx. 20 years old. Electronic monument signage.
Take the 3D Virtual Tour (below) to see the inside of the building now.
Note: The adjacent property known as 3035 S. Business Drive (0.241 acres) is also available, privately, if the buyer is interested. The small property is occupied by Avis/Budget.
Sheboygan is a city in and the county seat of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. The population was 49,288 at the 2010 census. It is the principal city of the Sheboygan, Wisconsin Metropolitan Statistical Area. The city is located on the western shore of Lake Michigan at the mouth of the Sheboygan River, about 50 miles north of Milwaukee and 64 miles south of Green Bay.
Sheboygan County’s annual Gross Domestic Product (GDP) was $5.463 billion in 2012. Sheboygan County’s GDP is larger than over 30 recognized nations. This includes the nations of Barbados, Zimbabwe, Sierra Leone, Fiji, and Belize.
Sheboygan is a dynamic coastal community on Lake Michigan and has received numerous accolades, including being voted one of the top places to live by both The New York Times and Readers Digest.
From breathtaking views of Lake Michigan and large sandy beaches to world class sailing and premier charter fishing, Sheboygan has a lot to offer. Sheboygan enjoys 34 beautiful parks and 3 athletic complexes, totaling over 600 acres, offering residents and visitors a variety of outdoor recreation options.
The corporate headquarters of Kohler Inc is less than four miles away. The Kohler manufacturing facilities and the Acuity Corporate Headquarters are less than two miles away. All of which have thousands of well paid employees who are high value customers. In addition, the affluent and highly educated town of Kohler with high value customers is just four miles away. Kohler’s population is 2,120 and 26% of residents have a Master’s degree. The median household income is $82,625, and there is less than 2% unemployment.
About Sheboygan County
Sheboygan County has an unemployment rate of 2.4%. The US average is 3.9%.
Sheboygan County has seen the job market increase by 1.5% over the last year. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 37.4%, which is higher than the US average of 33.5%.
The Sales Tax Rate for Sheboygan County is 5.5%. The US average is 7.3%.
Top Private Employers in Sheboygan County:
- Kohler Co., enameled iron and metal sanitary ware manufacturing, 5000+
- Bemis Mfg. Co., plastics product manufacturing, 1000+
- Aurora Medical Group Inc., physician offices, 1000+
- Nemak, aluminum die-casting foundries, 1000+
- Sargento Foods Inc., cheese manufacturing, 1000+
- ACUITY. direct property and casualty insurers, 1000+
- Johnsonville Sausage, meat processing, 500-999
- Rockline Industries Inc., converted paper product manufacturing, 500-999
- Fresh Brands Distributing Inc. (Piggly Wiggly – Midwest), managing offices, 500-999
- HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital, general medical and surgical hospital, 500-999
- Masters Gallery Foods Inc., dairy-product merchant wholesalers, 500-999
- The Vollrath Co., kitchen utensil, pot and pan manufacturing, 500-999
- American Orthodontics Corp., dental equipment and supplies manufacturing, 500-999
- Carl Buddig & Co. (Old Wisconsin Sausage), meat markets, 250-499
- Pine Haven Christian Communities, senior living, 250-499
- Nemschoff Chairs Inc., institutional furniture manufacturing, 250-499
- Blue Harbor Resort, hotel, 250-499
- Plastics Engineering Co., plastics material and resin manufacturing, 250-499
- Lakeland University, 4-year private university, 250-499
- Millpore-Sigma (Merck KGaA), chemical manufacturing, 250-499
- Curt G. Joa Inc., paper industry machinery manufacturing, 250-499
- Great Lakes Cheese of Wisconsin Inc., dairy-product merchant wholesalers, 250-499
- The Osthoff Resort, hotel, 250-499
- Dutchland Plastics Corp., plastics product manufacturing, 250-499
- Price: $899,000
- Area: 4.15 acres
- Phone Number: 414-875-3079
- Space (s.f.): 24,418 SF